Friday, May 20, 2011

I used to live here

From first to fourth grade, I lived here. 


Notice the beautiful carved details on the door.
We had swings on both trees.
Too many rings to count.
Before we went camping for the first time, we tested our sleeping bags on the screened-in porch.
Through the broken lattice-like window, the stairs.
My room was the two windows on the right. You can see the shelves in the closet in the right window.
TJ and I shared this room until Grampa built a room in the attic just for me.
I remember watching Princess Diana's funeral in the living room with my Mom while she took care of my newborn brother. This was also where I last saw my favorite stuffed animal and where I laughed so hard Yoohoo came out of my nose.




We covered the old well with the top piece of a patio table.
The driveway is overgrown now.
This tree was great for climbing.
This corner used to have a downed tree and a blackberry bush we turned into a fort.
We dug a 4 foot deep hole just past the tree in the center.
The window at the very top was my room in the attic. I could see the train tracks from there.

I'm sure no one who drives past this condemned house realizes how great it was to live there.

3 comments:

  1. you made me cry
    that hill by the steps used to be the best place for sledding

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps shelby has no idea why my name is gone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great family get-togethers in this home!
    xoxo//Aunt Betsy

    ReplyDelete