Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rainy Day Sewing

When I woke this morning the sky was dark and gray and the rain poured freely from the sky. It seemed like a good day to break out my seeing machine and work on a project I've been thinking about for a while. 

I have several tote bags. I'm not a purse kind of girl, but books and sweatshirts don't fit in my pockets. One of my biggest issues with totes, though, is that they tend to turn into black holes for small items. So, I made a detachable organizer for my bags out of old tee shirts. 


I sketched out a pattern this morning based on something I had seen on the Internet. 


It took a while to get started because I haven't used a sewing machine in over a year. 


I hand sewed much of it because of my less than perfect design and inexperience with the machine. 


It came together quite nicely, though I don't love the colors. 


Despite my problems with the aesthetics of the organizer, it does the job well. I'm already enjoying the extra organization and the ease of finding my wallet quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment