Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
I can't cook. It seems that the chef gene skips a generation. I can, however, put a bunch of things in a pan and heat it up.
I came home from class, hungry, cold, and sick. I had been researching aioli recipes during class and was sure I had seen all the necessary ingredients in my kitchen. What I had failed to notice was that there was about 3 tablespoons of olive oil left in the bottle - a far cry from the full cup called for in the recipe. With the tortellini already in the pot I quickly scanned my kitchen for some other liquidy type of ingredient on which to base my sauce. I found an almost complete stick of butter. That was good enough for me.
Oopsie aioli/butter sauced tortellini
1 (ish) stick of butter
a couple cloves of garlic
some rosemary,
a bit of olive oil
a large dash of lemon juice
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese
some kind of pasta (I went with 3 cheese tortellini)
1. Put a pot of water on to boil.
2. Chop up the garlic.
3. Chop up the rosemary.
4. Chop up the butter.
5. When the water is boiling, put the pasta in, and don't forget about. Cook it until it's how you like it (al dente for some, mushy mess for others).
6. When the garlic starts smelling good and looking a little brown, add the rosemary. I think I may have put a lot in, but I'm not sure what a normal amount of rosemary is.
7. Add the butter, lemon juice, some salt, and some pepper.
8. Let it melt and get to know each other.
9. When the pasta is drained and good to go, pour the buttery goodness over it, swish it around, and serve.
10. I think parmesan makes everything better. This included.
11. Nom.

i can honestly see you frantically scanning your kitchen for some sort of liquid.... i love it.
ReplyDelete