"The aspects of your life that support you, help you function in highly specialized ways, nourish your core and give you strength — that’s your connective tissue — the intangible ways in which you feel connected — the fibres that bind your being to those you share the planet with."For me it's taking goofy pictures with my siblings, making delicious food with a friend, genuine compliments from people I respect, sleeping outside with people who love the outdoors as much as I do, looking at Chris and not being able to keep a smile off my face, cuddling with Ein, trading Doctor Who theories with my dad and brother, a concert in the rain with my sister that nearly killed our electronics but we didn't even worry, my mom hugging me and helping me solve my problems, my future brother-in-law taking me for a ride on his motorcycle, my sister's boyfriend making me breakfast because I always end up sleeping on his couch, ridiculous discussions with Trista via social media, ridiculous plans with Sammy at the branch, the smiles and shrieks and giggles from my kids on swim lessons, the enthusiasm of my campers, seeing my extended family on a regular basis, and friends who enjoy spending time with me as much as I enjoy spending time with them.
What does yours look like?
No comments:
Post a Comment