I have never been a big fan of tampons or pads. I find them uncomfortable and borderline unreliable. Plus, you have to be vigilant about changing them, lest you leak or fall victim to toxic shock syndrome. On top of that, if you don't remember to restock your supply regularly, you are left scrambling around the ladies room trying beg a spare off a stranger or MacGyvering some toilet paper to get you through the rest of the day.
I'm done with that.
About four months ago I took the plunge and bought a Diva Cup
The Diva Cup is more comfortable than a tampon or pad. It's made of silicone, so it's flexible, non-drying, and easy to clean. It's as easy to insert as a tampon (though, fair warning, there is no applicator), and feels more secure. In the four months I've had it I have never had a leak, nor have I felt it would fall out. A big plus is you only need to change it about once a day. Most women will find they only need to change it every two or three days. It doesn't dry you out or grow bacteria, so it's comfortable and safe for long periods of time - perfect for traveling or sports. As for care, just give it a wash in the sink and you're good to go. Since you don't need to change it every few hours, you don't have to do this in a public restroom.
Long story short, I'm not going back to disposable feminine sanitary products.
Have you tried the Diva Cup? What do you think? What's stopping you from checking it out?
No comments:
Post a Comment