Thursday, July 31, 2014

Farm Life: A Day Off

With a 24/7 job, getting away can be exciting and rejuvenating.


A day off becomes an opportunity to do something a little different, get some errands done, or just act like an independent adult.

Today I went to an enjoyable yoga class at Yoga Great Barrington, in Massachusetts. I ended up coming back to the studio twice because I left multiple things there. Even though I'm pretty active on the farm, I feel very tight and sluggish. The moderate vinyasa class I attended was the perfect way to loosen up as I go into the home stretch here at camp.

One of my biggest goals for my day off was to get my engagement ring resized. I am an impatient and somewhat impulsive person. This led to me telling Jesse the wrong ring size way back last year during my nagging "When are we going to get married?" phase (and by phase, I mean most of our relationship). I've had the ring resized once before, and it was still too big. I'm currently using a ring guard to keep it on my finger. However, now that we have moved the wedding up (72 days!), I need to send the ring (of the right size) to Brilliant Earth to get the matching band made. Now I'm in time crunch mode. Unfortunately, this goal was not accomplished today.

Although I didn't get my errand completed, I did have a nice lunch at the Gypsy Joynt in Great Barrington. It has a funky atmosphere and seems like a good place for live music. I had a quesadilla and a glass of wine while I sat at the bar and read The Return of the King. As I was leaving, I noticed the man a few seats down the bar had been sketching me. That was a flattering surprise!

Now that I'm back on the farm, I plan to work on wedding planning, nap, and eat chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment