Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oregon: Government Camp

On our way back down Mt. Hood we made a short pitstop at a place I hadn't been to since 2007.

Photo by Jesse Stratowski
When I was 17, I flew alone across the country to spend one week in July at High Cascade Snowboard Camp. I remember it as a kind of snowboard Neverland. I was riding in tank tops, hanging out with snowboarders who had graced the pages of Transworld Snowboarding magazine, and riding in a lime green "Bustache" along the Oregon Trail. I also slept a lot because I didn't know I had mono. Although I didn't develop any lifelong friendships, HCSC has still held a small but special place in my heart.

I had hoped to get a Cobra Dog and Volcano Cone.


Unfortunately, they were closed.

So we used the bathroom in the visitor's center (which I don't recall being there seven years ago...) and took some pictures.

Camp was over, so we were able to avoid being creepers. But that also meant the skate park was disassembled.



Maybe I'll return for one of their adult camps.

Next up: Bend

No comments:

Post a Comment