Hot weather is all well and good when you dunk yourself in a creek, but once school starts back up my thoughts turn to autumn,
The heat has finally broken and I'm already thinking about pumpkins and hot cider. That might also be the wedding planning, though (<6 weeks!).
Here are some things that have caught my attention as we head towards the end of summer.
- Autumn Floral Wreath - I could totally see this hanging from my door all fall.
- Espresso Creme Brûlée - The more confident I get in the kitchen (I'm looking at you, scones), the more adventurous I feel. Custard? Bring it on. FIRE? I got this.
- Pumpkin Donuts - I made these a few years ago and they continue to call to me. Soon, my sweets!
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- Several of my campers this summer were reading this and it looks just spooky enough to get me read for Halloween.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Several of my students have noticed that my celebrity doppelganger is Jennifer Lawrence. I devoured this book series several years ago but have not yet seen the second installment.
- Twin Peaks
- I'm about halfway through the second and final season. It's like a darker Stars Hollow, without Lorelai and Rory.
- Isla Wrap - This is what is currently on my needles. It should be done just in time for the cool weather.
What do you have planned this fall?
PS - Or I'll just ignore everything above and watch Gilmore Girls all fall. It's a dream come true!
PS - Or I'll just ignore everything above and watch Gilmore Girls all fall. It's a dream come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment