Friday, March 11, 2011

The floor is lava!

I distinctly recall playing "the floor is lava" in my basement not long after we first moved in. The goal was to travel the perimeter of the room (back when it was all one room)!without touching the ground. My siblings and cousins and i would climb over shelves, rubbermaids, boxes, appliances, whatever (I'm sure the damage we inflicted thrilled my parents). But that was just a game for kids, right?

Wrong! I have found a useful, real world application for this awesome adventure, and I find that incredibly exciting.

As those of you on the east coast are probably aware, it is raining. A lot. This translates into about 2-3 inches of water pooling around the washing machine and dryer in my basement. The puddle has grown considerably since I put my laundry in the wash. Luckily, I was very good at the lava game, and thus have been able to expertly maneuver myself to and from my laundry.

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment