I have a blog crush on the lovely Luinae. She's 15 and incredibly smart and talented and I can't wait for her to publish a new post.
That said, she's got me thinking about habits. As you know, I have a new years resolution list. Some things are being accomplished (Hellooooo grad school!), while others are falling to the side (I've written in my diary three times this year). I'm not giving up on these things, though. Just because I haven't been perfect doesn't mean I should quit. I just need to change my strategy.
Luinae took her resolutions and turned them into something simpler and more manageable: habits.
"Instead of making abstract goals where we'll only keep half of them, or vague & dull New Year's resolutions (exercise! eat better!), we're going to be choosing twelve new habits. And for each month of the year, we're going to implement a new habit. And at the end of the year, we'll have formed twelve amazing new habits. And doesn't that sound better then some vague plan? Why one a month? Because research shows that it takes three to four weeks to implement a new habit into your brain, and a month is a approximatively that. Plus, it's a good way to time it, as it's easy to say: February, I do this, and so on."
So what am I going to do with this? There are only a few things on my list that really can be considered habits. But for the next couple of months, I'm going to try to incorporate them into my life.
April - Ruck hard and make my tackles
May - Eat at least one plant a day
June - Write in my diary once a week
July - Make eye contact
August - Take three pictures a week
September - Ask questions
October - TBD
November - TBD
December - TBD
What do you want to turn into a habit?
i never use my tumblr but i love reading yours. great, thoughtful posts! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the mention! I feel very special now! And I'll get on that whole "posting a new post" thing. :)
ReplyDelete