It's too cold for kayaking, in my opinion.
Here are some ideas for dealing with dropping temperatures.
- The socks in the picture are the first pair I ever made - "Hermoine's Everyday Socks." You can find the pattern here.
- Mushrooms are delicious. Ragout or pasta bake, anyone? Both look amazing.
- Tis the season for salted caramel. Do you prefer it in pumpkin cookies or mocha nutella brownies?
- I had never thought to make a cheese platter for a party before. The addition of honey comb is genius! So classy, yet unexpected.
- I'm obsessed with these colorized photos from history. It makes historical figures feel more like people when you see them in color.
- A Beautiful Mess is renovating a house as their current project and will be donating it to Habitat for Humanity. Woah!
- I just finished Tina Fey's "Bossypants"
and am now eying "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler
. Yes, please, indeed.
- I love book-inspired candles! This one is inspired by Harry Potter.
How do you deal with cold weather?
Those socks look lovely and cosy, I might try that pattern myself. You just can't beat handmade socks on cold winter evenings.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog Christa.
x
Thanks, Kim! I recommend using a non-felting fiber for those socks. The pattern has dissolved into felt with use, which is a little frustrating because of how much time to the stitch pattern took. I'll hopefully be finishing up a pattern for simple socks that work much better with wool. If you do try the Hermione, pattern, I'd love to see the result!
Delete