Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Secret to Fast and Easy Hardboiled Eggs

Hardboiled eggs are great for snacks, egg salad sandwiches, and to top off salads. I hate going through the process of boiling and peeling them all. I usually crack a few eggs as they go into the pot and then it takes forever to peel every little piece of shell off of them. So not worth it.

I have a secret though.

My way of cooking eggs takes under ten minutes and the eggs always peel easily.

Eggs
Source
Oh what is that secret, you ask?

I don't boil them.

I steam them.

To steam eggs to perfection:

  1. Fill your pot with about 3/4" to 1" of water.
  2. Place eggs in a steamer rack above the water. You can also place the eggs in the water, but your results may be less consistent.
  3. Cover and cook for 6 to 9 minutes. 6 minutes will produce soft boiled eggs with runny yolks, while 9 minutes will bring your yolks to firm perfection.
  4. Let cool for a few minutes, then peel and enjoy.

Have you tried this technique? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment