Last month I posted a list of some
things I want to do before the end of the year.
What I've accomplished so far
- Acquire a decent pair of leggings. I bought a pair of Hue Ponte Leggings
. I like the quality so far, but I'm going to need to sew extra elastic into the waistband to keep them at my waist.
- Weed out the bad eggs in my wardrobe. I put two large plastic totes of clothes into storage and limited my wardrobe to a much smaller collection. I'm not sure if I would call it a capsule wardrobe yet, and it is definitely more than 33 items, but it's a start.
- Revamp the side room. I've started on this. I reorganized a lot of my craft supplies and moved many of them to a shelf. I like that I can see them and have to walk past them every day. It inspires creativity and makes me more likely to use them.
- Make two new recipes. I've made cinnamon sugar popovers, and I'm planning on trying homemade cheese straws next.
What is left to do
- Publish a knitting pattern. I have a few simple patterns that I'd like to refine and publish. They've been kicking around for a while and I'm ready to take the next step in my knitting.
- Big Juicy Clothes Project - there are several things I want to do regarding clothes and my wardrobe this year:
- Finish that skirt I started to sew four years ago. It's still cute, just unfinished. I ran out of time the winter break I started it with my mom, and can't restart until I learn some lingo and skills. Perhaps my mother-in-law could help...
- Inventory my clothing. I started this over the summer, but it is helpful for me to literally take stock of my clothes.
- Write about my weeding process.
- Start a sweater. I was planning on knitting a sweater for my wedding, but then we moved the date up a year. I have the skills now, I just need to make the commitment.
- Clean and organize my dresser. It's basically a catch all for make up, jewelry, papers, etc.
- Get through five chapters of my novel. I may even attempt to finish it during NaNoWriMo this year.
- Go to yoga at least once a week. I was going several times a week before the summer, but with all the wedding and work craziness I've let it slide. I love my studio and I love how I feel when I'm practicing yoga. It's definitely worth the five minute walk into town.
- Snowboard. Jesse's renewed focus on kayaking has got me psyched for snowboarding again. I wasn't able to go often last year, and when I did I was usually teaching skiing. This year I want to prioritize my favorite sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment