Friday, November 14, 2014

Ghost Towns of the East Part 3

This is part 3 of a series. You can find the earlier installments here and here.

Years ago while on a trip to the Finger Lakes, we spent a day biking from Keuka Lake to Seneca Lake along the Keuka Outlet Trail. We were surprised to find an abounded industrial complex. A little bit of research later on identified the area as Cascade Mills.

I wish I could find pictures from that trip, but it was almost ten years ago and I've lost the photo files since then. It was a fantastic trip. We got caught in the rain and jumped off trees into a creek. If you're in that area, definitely check it out.

I do have some pictures from a brief visit to Penn Hills Resort in Pennsylvania. I didn't go into the buildings when I visited because of the "No Trespassing" signs posted throughout the area. The resort flanks the road, and much of it is visible just from your car.












According to Wikipedia, the resort closed in 2009. That explains why some areas of the resort looked almost new. It is obvious that other areas of the resort had been neglected long before then, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment