Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Colorado River From the Beginning to End

Those who have seen Into the Wild are probably aware that the Colorado River, the architect behind the Grand Canyon, runs dry before it reaches the ocean.

I've been aware of this, but I didn't appreciate the magnitude of the human effect on this river until I watched NRS's webseries, Remains of a River.

In the winter of 2011-2012, two friends paddled the Colorado River from its source, through the numerous reservoirs that dam its flow, all the way to the dry riverbed that leads to the Sea of Cortez.


Remains of a River Trailer from NRS Films on Vimeo.


You can watch all ten parts on Vimeo.


Here's part 1 to get you started:

Remains of a River: Headwaters / Episode 1 from NRS Films on Vimeo.


Did you know the story of the Colorado River? Have you experienced a river like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment