So you can understand my trepidation in announcing a year-long project. 12 months of commitment? So much can happen in a year. How will I keep up with it all?
I'm hesitant to even start. That little voice in my head keeps asking "What if you fail again?"
I don't know, unhelpful little voice.
But, here goes...
For those of you who are new here, take a moment to check out my friend Ann's blog. She is currently chronicling 52 weeks of challenges. She is really my inspiration for this. I was tempted to join her right from the beginning, but I was ensconced in planning a wedding at the time. Those things are tough!
It's a new year and I'm finally ready to give it a go.
For the next year, I'll be challenging myself in new ways every month.
My plan is to set a goal or a challenge for each month. At the beginning of the month I'll define the parameters and each week I will check in and share how it is going. My hope is to develop new habits and try new things while regularly blogging.
My first challenge will be starting on January 1: No unnecessary spending for one month. I'll be back soon with the details!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/08/20/the-buy-nothing-year-how-two-roommates-saved-more-than-55000/
ReplyDeletethis is a good read related to month 1