Friday, December 12, 2014

Link List: Holiday Party

Jesse and I love to host small parties. They have to be small, too. We don't have a lot of room in our apartment. It makes for a nice, intimate atmosphere, but sometimes I wish we could have ten people over instead of just five.

Source
  • If we had chairs like these, maybe we could squeeze a few more people in. It's a step up from a Crazy Creek, for sure.
  • This spiced-cider-scented candle would make the house smell great!
  • We had "bingo" as an icebreaker at our wedding. But these napkins would also have helped people get to know each other. Or, we could break out these questions.
  • The holidays are a time to get together, but they also tend to be a time for shopping. As you're charging the next gift to your credit card, consider that this woman is pledging to go a year without buying anything new. Could you do it?
  • Personalized mugs could be a cute way to serve warm drinks at a party. Mulled wine, perhaps?
  • Winter break will be a good opportunity to try some new recipes. Candy is a little intimidating.
  • I'll also be using winter to blow past my reading goal of 30 books for the year. I've been reading much more slowly recently, but have still managed to read more than ever.
  • If I have a party to attend, I may bring this cake. Apples are pretty much out of season, but I'm sure I could make do.
  • Jesse makes acorn squash with coconut oil. Maybe I'll give this recipe a try and make him dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment