For the past two years, I've set a reading goal for myself. I was inspired to set a goal when I realized how my love of reading had faded over the course of high school, college, and graduate school. I simply did not have the time or energy to devote to nonessential reading. After I graduated, I made a point of reading more.Last year, my goal was 25 books.
I reached that goal and read even more, eventually hitting the 30 books in one year mark.
This year, I increased my goal to 30 and I did even better. My reading slowed after I finished the latest book by George R. R. Martin, but the Dune series has kept both Jesse and I interested as of late. I completed my goal in early December with The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
I am going to keep my goal at 30 books for 2015. It was challenging, but achievable. Camp helped me find time to read these last two years, but this year my summer is still up in the air.
You can follow my progress on my goals on Goodreads and here on the blog.
Did you set a reading goal this year? Do you have one for 2015?
My challenge is remembering to scan all the books I read into Goodreads so they get counted. This year I will do better!
ReplyDelete