There are several to-do list items I've been putting off since this has been an absolutely jam-packed year.
I'm fairly certain I am cavity-free, despite my dentist appointment procrastination - also my car runs fine even with the funny noise, thank you very much.
It wouldn't hurt to check, though, right?
![]() |
| Source |
- Make two new recipes. These could be recipes I've never tried before (these
cookbooks
!) or they could be variations on something I've done before.
- Publish a knitting pattern. I have a few simple patterns that I'd like to refine and publish. They've been kicking around for a while and I'm ready to take the next step in my knitting.
- Big Juicy Clothes Project - there are several things I want to do regarding clothes and my wardrobe this year:
- Finish that skirt I started to sew four years ago. It's still cute, just unfinished. I ran out of time the winter break I started it with my mom, and can't restart until I learn some lingo and skills. Perhaps my mother-in-law could help...
- Acquire a decent pair of leggings. My favorite pair which I bought for about $15 at a no-name mall kiosk four years ago (2010 was a good year) are tearing at the seams and growing more and more threadbare.
- Inventory my clothing. I started this over the summer, but it is helpful for me to literally take stock of my clothes.
- Weed out the bad eggs. I am interested in reducing my wardrobe size (a la a capsule wardrobe or project 333). I do this periodically by selling, donating, or thrift-gifting to friends and family. Things are looking a little cluttered so it's probably time again.
- Write about my weeding process.
- Start a sweater. I was planning on knitting a sweater for my wedding, but then we moved the date up a year. I have the skills now, I just need to make the commitment.
- Revamp the side room. Our apartment is technically a two-bedroom, but we don't need a second bedroom, nor is it well-designed for a bedroom. We use it as an office/craft/room of requirement space. Most recently it has been a staging area for wedding supplies. I'd like to turn it into more of a dedicated craft space so that my projects don't consume our tiny living room.
- Clean and organize my dresser. It's basically a catch all for make up, jewelry, papers, etc.
- Get through five chapters of my novel. I may even attempt to finish it during NaNoWriMo this year.
- Go to yoga at least once a week. I was going several times a week before the summer, but with all the wedding and work craziness I've let it slide. I love my studio and I love how I feel when I'm practicing yoga. It's definitely worth the five minute walk into town.
- Snowboard. Jesse's renewed focus on kayaking has got me psyched for snowboarding again. I wasn't able to go often last year, and when I did I was usually teaching skiing. This year I want to prioritize my favorite sport.
What do you want to accomplish in 2014?

No comments:
Post a Comment