Cold weather is both a blessing and a curse in our home. It really depends on who you ask.
For Jesse, cold nights mean peaceful slumber.
For me, they mean fleece PJ's, multiple blankets, and a pillow over my head to keep warm.
We know how to compromise, of course. Last year, as the polar vortex wiggled its way around the northern hemisphere there were several nights where we both agreed to close the window in our bedroom. Even Jesse drew the line at multiple days of below-freezing temperatures.
The nights haven't gotten quite that bad yet, so we are both comfortably sleeping through the night. At least until I get cold and snuggle against Jesse before magically turning into a heater and waking him up because the bed is too warm. But I digress.
Here are some links to get you through those chilly nights:
- Cold nights mean it's apple season! I'm hoping to try a few recipes like crustless apple pie and a french apple tart.
- Apples aren't only for dessert. Would you like cheese and bacon with that?
- I seemed to have missed peach season, though. I'll have to try this recipe next year.
- Pumpkin chili to warm you up.
- No-shave November, anyone? This has actually been my summer look the past two years. Thank you, farm camp.
- These are on my wish-list because anatomically-correct reproductive organs are sexy. And kind of funny.
- Ann got me Joy the Baker's cookbook
as a wedding gift. I'm in delicious heaven.
- This chocolatey treat sounds so so simple and delicious.
- Shorter days mean more time to read. I've been sending and receiving so many books this year through Paperback Swap. My to-read pile is growing!

No comments:
Post a Comment