I can’t remember how I acquired this book. It was probably a book sale or garage sale - one of those 50 cent book opportunities. Once I commit to buying one book it usually snowballs into three or more.
This book has been bouncing around my bookshelves through my last couple of moves. After our last move, Jesse and I committed to downsizing our possessions. That has pushed me to read all the books I own.
I’m about 1/4 of the way through The Maytrees. So far, I know it’s about a couple who live on Cape Cod. The language is flowery to the point of obscuring the meaning. It feels beautiful, but I often have to reread entire paragraphs to understand what is going on.
Although the plot is hard to discern, I’m enjoying the author’s depiction of life on Cape Cod. It feels like a watercolor painting - a light, airy landscape. It’s the kind of book I would want to read on a rainy day at the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment