Sunday, February 15, 2015

Challenge #2: Update

Each month this year I am challenging myself in a new way. Read more about this here.

I know this isn't going to happen in one month.

I'm not going to wake up on March 1st and say "That's it! I'm much better now. I feel valuable and worthy. I really think I'm great."

I'd like to think that I'll be better off on March 1st than I was on February 1st, though. I hope that I'll have developed some positive habits to help me continue to improve throughout the year.

So far, I've been focusing on three things in particular:
  1. Eating better. Specifically, having veggies as snacks when I'm feeling a little hungry. I'm also trying to cut down on my candy consumption. If I want something sweet, I try to make sure it's of high quality and will be satisfying.
  2. Stopping negative thoughts. I mentioned this last week, too. Simply put, when I start to get stuck on a negative thought, I actively work to redirect my thoughts. No major breakthroughs, yet, but I hope to see a little progress over the next two weeks.
  3. Approaching relationships from a place of love. My hope is that by avoiding things like complaints and unnecessary criticism I will improve my relationships and my own state of mind. I want to surround myself with loving, positive people and like attracts like, right?
How is your month going?

No comments:

Post a Comment