Monday, February 23, 2015

Traveling with a Tiny Wardrobe


Traveling is a part of my job during the colder months. I usually end up in places like Boston and DC. When we travel, it's often by Amtrak or bus. This means that I'm responsible for lugging whatever I pack on and off trains, subways, and buses.


In the past I've overpacked for trips. I'm a planner at heart, so uncertainty makes me anxious.

What if it rains?

What if it's hot?

What if a zebra attacks?

Some of these things do happen.

So when I pack for trips I tend to err on the side of "just-in-case."


Since beginning my challenge, though, I've reflected on what I actually wear on my usual trips compared to what I bring. Not surprisingly, I don't need all that much.

Now I try to plan my outfits ahead of time and bring items that are easily interchangeable. This is made even easier as my wardrobe is curated with this same focus.

On my last trip 3 day trip I brought:

  • 1 pair of jean leggings
  • 1 wool long sleeve
  • 1 cotton long sleeve
  • 1 knit top
  • 1 black tank top
  • 1 black short sleeve
  • 1 dark gray button-down
  • 1 sweatshirt
  • 1 fleece
  • Assorted socks and undergarments
You know what's crazy? I didn't even wear all of it!



Do you usually over or under pack? Has it changed at all recently?

1 comment:

  1. I always over pack! It's so bad that sometimes I don't even wear 1/2 of what I pack.

    ReplyDelete