Sunday, February 8, 2015

Challenge #2: Update

Each month this year I am challenging myself in a new way. Read more about this here.



This challenge is hard to quantify. Last month, I knew when I was being successful and when I was on the verge of not meeting my challenge. This month is much more subjective.

Am I showing myself more love this month than last? I'm not really sure.

I am much more conscious of myself, though. I'm thinking about myself and my wellbeing a little more. Food has been an obvious area in need of improvement. I notice when I pig out on chocolates and cookies that I feel crummy afterward. Taking care of myself is a form a love and and I need to be mindful of what I eat. Good food makes me feel good.

I also notice when I'm starting to fall into a sneaky hate spiral. I catch myself getting caught up in negative thoughts and try to stop it as soon as possible. This has been the hardest part of the challenge. When my mind is saying "You're not good enough," it's hard to fight back. I don't yet have a great way of responding to these moments. Some of the things that usually work are playing Tetris, watching Gilmore Girls, crafting, or journaling. It's more difficult when it pops up during work and I don't have an opportunity to step away from the situation. Despite this, I do think I'm making some improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment