It's been about two weeks since my last "shopping" purchase. The last thing I bought was a bunch of yarn and some knitting accessories for a sweater I'm making.
Since then, I've felt the impulse to buy rise up inside me almost once a day. I know the thrill of novelty will perk up my mood once I have whatever is calling to me at that moment. But, I know I don't need it. Still, the items make their way onto my Amazon wishlist nevertheless. Detailed coloring book
I don't need these things, though. These things won't make me significantly happier in the long-run.
I have enough right now.
I have books to be read, yarn to be knit, and cookbooks to explore. I have my journal and this blog. I have more than enough grading to do. I have a wonderful husband to talk to and pay Scrabble with. I have friends to catch up with.
New things are nice, now and then. But I'm trying to train my mind to believe in enough this month.
So far, so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment