I wouldn't say I'm a "New Year's resolutions" kind of person. I stopped "resolving" to do things in the new year a little while back. My plans, like most, inevitably fizzled. Harvard Psychologist Amy Cuddy cites the absoluteness of resolutions as the source of failure for most.
I can't resist the allure of a new year stretched out in front of me like a blank page, though!
I've already written about my projects and challenges (which are different from Project Challenge) for 2015, so you know I'm not swearing this all off completely. I view these in more of a creative way than a change-my-life-overnight kind of way.
Instead I'm trying something a little different. Susannah Conway has been using one word each year to guide her life. The idea is to find a word that speaks to you in some way and infuse your life with it.
This year I took part in her Find Your Word class. It consisted of a few journaling prompts over five days and included access to a Facebook group with others who took part in the course.
In the end, I chose the word "love."
To get a little sappy and personal for a moment, I've been feeling pretty down recently. Loneliness, low self-esteem, and anxiety have been common feelings the last few months.
As I was completing this class as well as the Unraveling The Year Ahead 2015 workbook, I felt that what I really need more of in the new year is love. I need to share more love and I need to receive more love. I need to act with love and I need to let myself be loved.
So for the next year, I will aim to fill my days with love in some way.
With love,
Christa.

No comments:
Post a Comment