Monday, January 19, 2015

Downsizing my Wardrobe: What works and what doesn't

A huge part of this process is to learn what works and what doesn't. At this point I'm already noticing trends and seeing areas for improvement.

  • I can re-wear my merino wool clothing more often than cotton or synthetic, and therefore, keep those items in the weekly rotation longer.
  • I don't wear "weekend" clothes as much as I thought I did. I could go at least a month before I would run out of tee-shirts.
  • My nicest dresses are a little too short for everyday wear. I'm considering adding lace to the hem of at least one.
  • I like the idea of a wool coat, but the one I have doesn't fit my lifestyle - or my shoulders. 
  • I might need to give up on brown. I have brown boots I love and a sweater I like a lot with brown stripes, but in general I don't look great in brown. My wardrobe is mostly black, white, grey, and blue. 
  • Even though I have fewer clothing items in rotation these days, I'm wearing even fewer of them than before. 
  • I'm knitting a pine-green sweater to add to my collection. I've been wanting a warm pullover for a little while now.
  • I wear my fleece with everything.

What is working well for you? What needs to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment