Monday, January 5, 2015

Downsizing my Wardrobe: Winter Tweaks

Now that we've shifted firmly into winter - or so I would like to believe - I need to tweak my wardrobe a little.



Items going into storage:
  • Lightweight gray sweater. It's too thin to be warm and the arms are too tight to layer effectively. This might end up permanently out of rotation.
  • Gray Campgaw sweatshirt. My sweatshirt needs are met by my other three hoodies, as well as my fleece. Plus, this is a much flimsier fabric than my other ones.
  • Purple dress. I just don't wear dresses like these on a regular basis. I'm keeping my red dress on hand, just in case. I wore it last January on a date with Jesse.
  • Jean capris. Love them, but my new jeggings fulfill my skinny jean needs for the time being.
  • Pink cotton tank. I'm finding this is more of a summer item than a layering one.
  • Blue polka dotted cardigan. I haven't been wearing it.
  • Ugly sweater. It's not a good sweater for work or for staying warm.
  • Green wool coat. It's a little too narrow in the shoulders and across the back. When I drive it sometimes cuts off the circulation to my arms.


Items coming out of storage:
  • Blue top. I think this will go well with what I have in the current rotation and add a little more color to my outfits.


What items are you not wearing often? What items do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment