Thursday, January 15, 2015
3 New Podcasts You Should Be Listening To
Since the last time I wrote about my favorite shows, I've come across a few more worth sharing.
Invisibilia
For fans of: Radiolab and This American Life
This is NPR's newest podcast. First of all, I'm stoked that it's hosted by two women. Other than Death, Sex, and Money, I don't think that NPR has any other female-fronted shows (correct me if I'm wrong please). They released their first episode last week and it's intense, mind-blowing, and fun. It tells two stories: one of a man who obsessively though about committing violent crimes; the other about a man who was trapped inside his body for over a decade. My jaw dropped every ten minutes or so while listening.
Gilmore Guys
For fans of: Gilmore Girls (duh)
Simple premise: two guys, one who has seen Gilmore Girls before and one who has not, watch the series and talk about each episode. I'm glad I listen to this in the car because I laugh out loud and talk back to Kevin and Demi. It's that engaging. They analyze everything from Luke's flannel to the lack of multi-dimensional characters of color to the ever-present boom mic. We all know Gilmore Girls is a great show, but these guys can break it down into each delightful morsel.
Book Club Shmook Club
For fans of: Books. Also Books on the Nightstand and Book Riot.
My friend Kristen and her brother Will dissect books week by week. They choose well-known books that appeal to a variety of tastes and analyze the character and plot development in a candid, relatable way. I especially enjoyed their look at Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Kristen's opinion really resonated with me while Will's appropriately challenged my blind loyalty to the series.
Check them out for yourself and let me know in the comments what you think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment